Tuesday 31 October 2017

Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova Remote Build Node.js Version Issue

Recently when I tried to do remote build of my Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova application from my Visual Studio 2015 to Mac machine, I had this error message "TACO0204: Error installing taco-remote-multiplexer via npm" on my Visual Studio and "Cannot find module 'internal/fs'" on my Mac machine.

After googling, it seemed that the Node.js on the Mac machine had been upgraded for some reason. I checked the version with these commands:
node -v
I found out that the version is 8.4.0 now.

I needed to remove it and install the compatible version for my Visual Studio. So I deleted the 'npm' folder in '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/' folder by running this:
rm -rf /usr/local/lib/node_modules/npm
Then went to node.js website, downloaded and installed a version that is compatible (i.e.; version 0.12.x is the most compatible).

No comments: